Donate A Toy

I’m back from vacation now, and I must say – What a great time we had!

My kids were in the beach and the pool everyday while we visited with family members we hadn’t seen in a long time. I caught up on some reading. We enjoyed new restaurants. But two of the best moments came at the beginning and end of our trip.

We had just checked into our hotel and were about to head to the elevator when a mother and son stopped my husband. She wanted to give her son’s boogie board to my son because she couldn’t take it on the plane.

My son was thrilled at the gift. He rode waves in to the shore on it, floated on it, and shared it with his sister. But when it was time for us to leave our hotel, my son and my husband had one more thrilling thing to do. They spoke to a family that had just come out of a taxi and gave the boogie board to them.

Completing the circle of giving was fun. Who knows how many times the board will be given away?

The more we allow our children to share in donating to others, the more they develop a generous heart.

Today’s goal is: Pick out a toy to donate to a child.

Let your children pick out a gently-used toy of their own that they think another child would enjoy playing with. Let them give the toy away and watch their joy increase as they see the impact their gift has made.

No comments: